We Will Begin to Send These Out Around the Middle of November
Photo shows a bundle of 25 plants
You will receive strong and healthy bare root Green Beech (Fagus sylvatica).
These plants are 2 years old, first quality plants, ready to be planted.
Planting Instructions - Planting and growing bare root hedging is easy, if you follow these simple steps:
- Dig a hole slightly larger than the roots.
- If you have poorer quality soil you may want to mix in some good quality compost with the soil you have removed from the hole.
- Place the plant in the hole you have dug and carefully fill the soil around the plant, gently firm down the soil.
- Keep plants watered well, the soil must not be allowed to dry out and should always be moist/damp (even during the winter months)
- There is no need to use stakes or canes to support the plant, unless the planting location is very exposed
- Typical spacing is 2-3 plants per meter.
- We guarantee our plants for 14 days after you received them.
When planting Green Beech DO NOT:
- Do not use any type of fertiliser, this can damage the young roots
- Do not steep the plant in water prior to planting
- Do not allow the plants to dry out after planting
Beech (Fagus sylvatica) is an interesting hedging plant, with a look that changes with the seasons. In Spring the leaves are a lovely green colour, changing to a copper brown colour in Autumn. This is a semi-evergreen hedge, providing an interesting hedge all year round.